Saturday 29 August 2009

Is this the first day?

So I've not read enough, my juicer isn't here, and neither is my box of organic produce, so should I call today 'DAY 1'? Or was that Thursday when I made the first smoothie from my new blender? But I ate raw rice today (recipe from RAW RENEWED RASHIDA http://rawrenewedrashida.blogspot.com/2009_07_01_archive.html) so maybe that is really a turning point, because before this I was eating lots of fruit and veg but that's something I've been doing more of since March, when I started researching detoxing and getting into a much more natural mode.

So I'm embarking on a raw food diet, at the moment I'm saying that I'm in transition and see how that goes :-)

Maybe I should make some definite plans and set some definite goals, maybe that would help. What do you think?

5 comments:

  1. Hmm defining your goal and eking out clear guidelines are always good and often lead you to a desirable outcome. However, it can remove the flexibility and fun from it, sort of making the process more rudimentary than normal. I am not sure that would fit with your liberal personality. Besides, gradual change is more lasting, as it lends itself to timely adjustments being made in the comfort of the mind. Make this 'raw diet' transition an enjoyable experience and yes I suggest the setting of goals, probably at short intervals, maybe over bi-weekly, monthly etc. The long term goals are more prone to failure, and lapsing. It is good you started a diary about it here, cause I would next suggest notary comments of your body's, mind's and culinary adjustments as you embark on this transit. All the best girl, tootledoo. Shaanii-Grace

    ReplyDelete
  2. good luck! I think you should take it one day at a time :-) more flexibility = more fun
    chris :-D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, thanks for visiting my blog! I remember my days of transitioning. I can't believe I ate raw rice, but I don't eat grains anymore lol.

    It depends on you, many transition overnight, while many need to do it in gradual steps. I found my transition was more of a matter of what type of raw foodist I became. 90% Raw to 100% raw to fruitarian.

    Everybody's journey is unigue though. Do what is best for you, and if you get sidetracked, no worries just go back to it, many people will get sidetracked numerous times before they stick to it permanently, just don't quit!

    Peace and Light
    Rawshida

    ReplyDelete
  4. Another thing, I recommend that you join soulvegfolk.com. It is an excellent social network that provides support for aspiring and current raw foodists, vegans, and vegetarians. This my profile link - http://www.soulvegfolk.com/profile/RashidaBlake

    Don't hesitate to ask me anything, if you need any tips or have any concerns, plus I have a lot of great resources on my blog that will help with increasing your knowledge base.

    Peace and Light
    Rawshida

    ReplyDelete
  5. good for you! congratulations on the transition! i agree with rawshida, there are many different types of rawfoodists and for me it depends on what you, yourself need...listen to self and yes, goals are good...i think.

    peace, love & butterflies,
    sbt

    ReplyDelete