Saturday 17 October 2009

30 days is too long

Now I realise that there were several things I set myself to do and I did these for about 10 days and then I fell back into old routines (or no routine at all). Well, enough of that! Steve Pavlina opines that self discipline: comes down to taking on little challenges, conquering them, and gradually progressing to bigger ones. http://www.stevepavlina.com/blog/2005/05/how-to-become-an-early-riser-part-ii/

Well, then let me re-strategise for a bit and work on some transition training for my self-discipline and my raw food diet.

I'm back to not feeling well because I've been eating cooked food almost every day for the last two weeks. And yes, I knew this would happen, so why did I let it happen? Little to no self-discipline is the answer. So how I rectify that? I think I need to go back and start smaller, and when I conquer those I can set myself some bigger challenges.

So how about setting myself some goals for the next 7 days? Not 30 days, not forever, just for the next week.
Well I have a lot of work to do, so I have to work on getting up early. Ok, so one goal is to get up at 6am from tomorrow til next Sunday.
My diet needs to go back to optimal, I cannot be productive when I'm not well. Ok, so my other goal is to eat only uncooked food (not necessarily raw, so maybe things like oats) for the next 7 days, including tomorrow at the cookup and next weekend in London.
My desk is a tip again. So the final goal is to clean my desk every night before I leave it. Just til next Sunday really.

I want to be more disciplined, so let me start with the baby steps.

No comments:

Post a Comment