Friday 11 September 2009

30 days to success?

The first thing I really read on going raw is Steve Pavlina's blog about his 30 day trial. I didn't think I wanted to do a 30 day trial, I just thought I'd 'transition' into it. But now I'm reading more of his personal development articles on his blog and he has one about doing 30 day trials on any new habit you are thinking of picking up---including a new diet or having a clean desk (two things I desperately need). Here's the link: http://www.stevepavlina.com/blog/2005/04/30-days-to-success/

So I'm thinking maybe I should do this 30 day trial thing. Definitely in terms of keeping my desk and my room clean---today is day 1 (as in cleaning day LOL). In terms of the diet, I am a bit scared about doing a 30 day trial---what about a 10-day trial of just raw? Saying no to chicken at Nandos, eating the salad but not the salmon at Wagamama's, not eating the cookie that happens to be on the living room table???? It sounds like a real challenge to me--but I've been copping out by saying 'I'm transitioning' which I take to mean I can eat any crap as long as I mostly eat raw....

Ok, so here's the plan, for the next 30 days I will:

1. Spend 30 minutes organising and cleaning up my 'office' and bedroom every day,
2. Eat a 90% raw diet (some things like humus and tahini will not be raw and I'm not so stressed at the moment to sprout stuff, but no meat and cookies and no ice-cream for 30 days, easy cheesy [but hold the cheese!]),
3. Learn a new spanish word every day,
4. Go to the gym every other day (4 times a week).

Do you think that's too much? I find the more I do, the more I do---LOL. I mean, when I'm doing stuff, I do a lot of stuff and when I'm not doing anything I just continue in that vein.

I'm working on other aspects of my self-discipline, particularly as they relate to my academic life, but these are my 'general goals' that I'm planning to pursue.

Ok, so today is day 1! So far so good on the diet, I had a cup of hot water w/lemon and an apple/banana/strawberry/nuts smoothie I made yesterday for breakfast. There is more juice in the fridge but I think I'll have a salad now and then head to the gym! I'm reading La Hermandad (the Brethren by Grisham)---i've learnt 'plegable' (foldaway) but I need to read some more today and add another word to that list. Cleaning? I've been washing (gasp!) and I'll be back on that at the end of the day.

Will update you soon.

2 comments:

  1. Hey, tell me how that goes! He really has a point though. In fact my father always says it, if you want to form a new habit of doing something, just do it for 40 days straight. ;) Probably you could tackle the items on that list one by one though, if that makes it any easier for you. I know I personally have many new habits I need to form (lets not get into the ones I need to drop lol):D

    ReplyDelete