Wednesday 2 September 2009

Goals are for losers!

So, I've not made any new raw dishes over the last few days....hm, but I have a good reason! (How can I spin this?). Ok, so I have IBS (google it, the wiki explanation isn't bad) and my digestion does what it wants when it wants. It is primarily the IBS that sent me down the path of detoxing and fasting (for short periods, not a whole day yet) and getting back to basics....

Over the past few days I haven't been feeling well even though I had been eating primarily fruits and veg. So I came to the conclusion (as I often find in the last few months) that its just simply eating that is the problem.

Ok, hold on, I don't have an eating disorder, but you might consider not eating too if it made you feel 'not well' every time you did. Anyway, on Monday I tried eating a lil food and I was still not feeling well so I decided that a day of semi-fasting/semi-detoxing might be needed. On Tuesday I had only a pack of beetroot chips at about 12.30pm (I had to try them cause I was wondering how they tasted and they were good!). I then went out with my friends at about 4pm and I had a smoked salmon salad (which was cool except it was begging for some olive oil, vinegar, and salt). I then had some popcorn at the movies (and two lil spoons of ice cream wid brownie, shamefully, since I'm allergic to dairy and all...). Anyway, the long and short of it is that I felt a lot better yesterday and it's continuing today so I don't know if I'll dive into my organic fruit and veg box today (it came! yay!) or continue subsist on tea and hot water w/lemon.

That said, all bets are off if my juicer comes today!!!!! Cause then the carrots will be getting it! (Bwahahahahaha!) But I'm thinking that if I have juices all day (other than the three clementines aka tangerines that I just ate), then that will give my digestive organs a rest and I'll keep feeling good.

Anyway, the goal was good while it lasted but I'm now back to working on my PhD research, so that's copious numbers of hours in front of the computer everyday so I'll prob stick to salads (with my newly acquired zucchini, cauliflower/leaves, carrot leaves, radish/leaves.... :-) and juices :-).

Peace, love and butterflies (LOL!)

No comments:

Post a Comment